Hyperpin Hi-Scores

HorsePin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dna can you give us little help how we can search for offsets for not yet supported games?

And also for checking where are replay scores?

It would be great if you could include replay scores in output also - where it is supported of course, so that in this hiscores output we get:

first line - table name (I already have that from fplaunch)

then nex line - text Replay scores (where it is supported)

then replay scores only if they are not zero - first, second and third

and then hiscores as they are now

I tested a lot on some tables - by setting all replays to zero - then saving nvram, then putting first replay one step up and checking with diff in hex editor - what has changed and so on

same for hi score - i reset it to zero - then save nvram - then play a bit - then check both nvrams with diff and so on

is this a good method - is there something else we should look for?

i was thinking about some older tables that are not yet supported but have great vp tables - it would be great to have hiscores and replay scores for them

Hi blur ,

The replay scores i found quite difficult to find as they are mostly difficult numbers to find....always a straight number , lot of zeros...

Also on a lot of games it's in percentages , making it a bit diifcult.....so for me replay scores are unfortunately too time-consuming.

The method for finding them seems a good one....

I usually see what the scores are , find them in the nvram and then change them in hexeditor and see if they come up in the attraction...the special scores are the difficult ones...like ruler of the universe with dates and all.....that takes quite some puzzling.

If the tables you want added use roms then i can take a look at trying to add them..

Just give me a couple of names , use the original pinball table name and i'll see if they can be added.

Most of the time i can add whole systems in when i figure one out from that system.

The systems i had in mind are - spiderman, black hole (all system 80 i think), then sinbad, close encounters (system 1), el dorado city of gold (system 80A) - used in great tables - el dorado and il bueno il feo il malo,...

I'm doing all changes in vpinmame setup - test button. It's faster then opening tables. Only thing is setup button for gottlieb's is 8 instead of 7.

So if we find offset's for hiscores and replay scores - could you maybe include just for them replay scores in std. out?

Or maybe we could put offsets for replays in ini file - so that we can play with finding them and adding them to ini?

Here are results for spidermn (6 digits rom):

replay scores are: 310 000, 430 000 and 590 000, hi score is 963211 (i chnaged last 00 to 11 to check iif that's it)

and offsets i found for them on are:

310 000 is from 36 to 3b backwards - meaning i see 00 00 00 00 01 03 in hex editor

next replay score is 430 000 - it is from 3c to 41 - again bacwards 00 00 00 00 03 04

and last replay score is from 42 to 47 - 00 00 00 00 09 05

hi score is next one - from 48 to 4d - 01 01 02 03 06 09

This is just first occurrence of these numbers in nvram - they are repeated three times and if you want to change them - you have to change at least two of them - third one will be changed automatically

since you just read it first occurrence is enough, i used to change them to see that i've got right locations

Black Hole is same as spiderman - so probably all system 80's should fit in this scheme:

36-3b

3c-41

42-47

48-4d

And making output like this:

REPLAY SCORES

HIGHEST SCORE

will make output at least a little bit bigger for old tables that have only one high score.

panthera is also the same, let's go to system 80a - el dorado

it's all the same except - el dorado is 7 digits machine, and only first 6 digits is saved in hi score/replay score - so you have to multiply it by ten or add 0 at the end of every replay/hi score

spiderman 7 digits hack - again same 6 positions are used for hi/replay score, only last position is always 0f - so first five positions make the score - and you have to multiply them by 10 or add 0 at the end.

for example first replay score 300.000 is 00 00 00   00 03 0f - on same positions as above

probably all 7 digits hack use the same method

Hi blur,

I toke a look at the pinemhi source file, it turns out i already did those games a while ago. I never updated the website as i thought nobody used it as it wasn't in fplaunch yet.

I also fixed the dot bug...so that should work as well.

You can download the new version at www.pinemhi.com

Probably need to refresh the page as the previous html page reads from cache (hopefully fixed that with the new page)

As for the replays i have to take a look at how to do that.....probably could add it as a separate command and use an ini file so people can fill it....but don't know when i get around to doing that as i'm also working on pinemhi leaderboard..

system 1 - sinbad - it is even simpler - every address coresponds to the number that you see in setup menu (7, 8, 9 and 10)

so addresses are:

70 - 75 - first replay score (backwards - same as above)

80 - 85 - second

90 - 95 - third

a0 - a5 - highest score

Hi blur, I toke a look at the pinemhi source file, it turns out i already did those games a while ago. I never updated the website as i thought nobody used it as it wasn't in fplaunch yet. I also fixed the dot bug...so that should work as well. You can download the new version at www.pinemhi.com Probably need to refresh the page as the previous html page reads from cache (hopefully fixed that with the new page) As for the replays i have to take a look at how to do that.....probably could add it as a separate command and use an ini file so people can fill it....but don't know when i get around to doing that as i'm also working on pinemhi leaderboard..

great - take your time - i was thinking of putting replay scores before hi scores on same command, of course if replay is not available you just skip it (no error message)

so command would be only

pinemhi romname.nv

and output:

REPLAY SCORES

HIGHEST SCORE

you can add another option for only hi scores or only replay scores but without any option it should show everything

toggle is active in exit menu, key is in settings (default 1) - if you press it exit menu will close and you'll hear the sound - so you know ledwiz configs switched

if you don't have good on/off config files you'll get error message

you have to exit from vp and go in again for new config to be applied

almost all tables are supported with latest pinemhi (last ones to support were gottlieb's sys 1, sys 80, and so on)

you have to put pinemhi exe and ini in hyperpin folder, and configure all paths in pinemhi.ini

"no rom" tables are not supported but will be soon.

All tables with "The" at the beginning of the name have to be changed in pinemhi.ini file cause there they are like "Addams Familiy ..., The" instead of "The Addams Familiy ..."

Oh I thought I read one post that said it did. Thanks for the info.

Thats's with another frontend

PINemHi Leaderboard.

That's the one that submits scores to a website , and you can try to take on challenges (and level up that way)

And soon to be implemented earning badges for certain accomplishments

• 1 month later...

I think i have found a way to have the hiscores displayed in hyperpin when choosing your table.

1st have pinemhi (via fplaunch) save the hiscores at the end of a game , to a hi directory using {tablename}.hi

2nd by holding the start button to start a game , you get hiscores instead of starting the table

This can be done by getkeystate in autohotkey.

You bypass starting a table and use fplaunch to display the scores , press the start button again and turn back to hyperpin.

Hyperpin gives fplaunch the tablename when launching a table so that way you know which .hi file to display

Dna disturber

I think i have found a way to have the hiscores displayed in hyperpin when choosing your table.

1st have pinemhi (via fplaunch) save the hiscores at the end of a game , to a hi directory using {tablename}.hi

2nd by holding the start button to start a game , you get hiscores instead of starting the table

This can be done by getkeystate in autohotkey.

You bypass starting a table and use fplaunch to display the scores , press the start button again and turn back to hyperpin.

Hyperpin gives fplaunch the tablename when launching a table so that way you know which .hi file to display

Dna disturber

That is the clincher for me!

Archived