Visual Pinball 9.9.0

bhudkins

Anyone upgrade yet? Did you have any issues?

I did the minimal install, I copied the new exe and the two new dlls, overwrote the existings files.

I can load tables fine but the DMD is just blank, if I click on it it does stuff but no sound. And the buttons on the cab no longer work with visual pinball. Button config looks the same as with 9.2.1. Coin button on the cab makes the coin noise. Thast about it

9.2.1 works the same even with the new dlls.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone having issues with a "transparent" ball?(9.9) I'm intermittently getting this on more than one table.

There was a few posts about this issue over on vpf, after taking some slow motion video and posting .. Mr JP himself said that it is a design of certain balls (mostly his) that they are indeed transparent. A programing trick or hack for the old VP to try and make it look like the playfield was reflected onto the ball, but now with the DX9 you actually can see that it is transparent.

The way that was suggested to fix it ... under settings and ball for the table in question (where you would set reflection and trails) set JPball5 image to none. Just using that as an example name but I have found that almost all of my tables look better with the default VP built in ball image.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

• Content Provider

Actually I solved it. The ball image was "flickering" like a bad light bulb. I read something over there about antaliasing. It said to either control antaliasing from the video card, or turn it off in the card and let vp do it. I set it to "application controlled" and let vp do it. Immediately fixed it. I'm guessing it was a fight between the card and vp. This was a global problem on every table.

Thanks for the help though.

Archived