Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rascal

Trigon (2004) (Original) (Shiva) (Rascal) (Shadowsclassic) (Itchigo) (1.0) (Hv)

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=2786

File Name: Trigon (2004) (Original) (shiva) (Rascal) (Shadowsclassic) (Itchigo) (1.0) (HV)

File Submitter: Rascal

File Submitted: 29 Apr 2014

File Category: Hybrid View Tables (HV)

Modified by: Rascal, Shadowsclassic, and Itchigo

Original Table Author: shiva

Original Table Version: 1.0

Original Table Download: n/a

This is a conversion of shiva's Original 2004 Trigon which was created using shivaEngine 2. This is one of the greatest original tables ever made in VP and has lasted through the test of time.

Big Thank you to shiva for allowing the release of this conversion of his awesome table.

Thank you to Shadowsclassic for his work on the backglass clean up.

Thank you to Itchigo for his WIP thread and motivation to make this conversion and for his project management. Nice whip cracking dude.

Click here to download this file

• Upvote 1

Since everyone here made such a effort in converting Trigon to modern standards, I thought the very least I could do was make a effort myself and show my appreciation. It's kind of silly for me not to at least sign up and state that it really does mean a lot to me personally, so thanks to the people who took the time.

I'm very behind in time with VP, it's been years since I have even touched it, so it will be nice to play it with the changes involved, even though I don't know what half of this stuff means. I believe there's new flashers as well? That makes me very happy, the old ones look kind of ancient now.  :)

There is to be a second release soon, I believe for full screen desktop. I  made up new higher res playfields and plastics (found my old files) for it, but not sure if they are in this version. (Looks like it, only the dark version survived all these years) If not, once the other version is out, a graphics update can be put together so people can play at 2048 res instead of the original 1024 (Yes, this is a old game, done in VP5)

Thanks again guys

• Upvote 3

Hello Shiva. Welcome to VPUniverse.  It's a pleasure to us that you took the time to register and post here.  I'm really looking forward to a nice FS version of this game.

Great to see you here, shiva! Yeah, the vp scene is hopping right now, there are some really active developers working on VP. Soon we will have a DirectX 9 version released. There is already test version of DX9 that look real promising and run faster then ever.

It's a good time for you to jump back in and show us newbies a few things. Maybe even make a cab for yourself.  :)

Thanks for a great table!

You can probably find some fresh minds here that can utilize your shivaEngines and start creating new tables with it. Trigon is proof that its a great template.

Put yourself up a paypal donate, I would love to buy you a beer.

Great to see you here, shiva! Yeah, the vp scene is hopping right now, there are some really active developers working on VP. Soon we will have a DirectX 9 version released. There is already test version of DX9 that look real promising and run faster then ever.

It's a good time for you to jump back in and show us newbies a few things. Maybe even make a cab for yourself.  :)

Thanks for a great table!

You can probably find some fresh minds here that can utilize your shivaEngines and start creating new tables with it. Trigon is proof that its a great template.

Put yourself up a paypal donate, I would love to buy you a beer.

I made the choice, let others have the spotlight now. VP needs more than anything new blood as developers

As to the se series, it's all available, just fubared at pn. se3 was far easier to use, but if it didn't have a rom, nobody wanted it. Guess that won't change, new versions means everyone will just clammer for new versions of arcade tables and still ignore everything else. Nothing much changes does it.  :)

hey Rip, no, I'm just here to let everyone else do the work and I get credit for it.  :)

Rascal, did you get the new images and use them in this? haven't been able to download , but makes a hell of a difference. I'm going to have a look and see if anything else survived and do up a pack before I lose it for eternity, so is it possible to send you a pack that you can add to your download page? Not sure if the software can do that, maybe the site owner here, a Mr M.F. Mouse can tell us.  ;)

Unfortunately there's no PM attachments here. But I thought I put the "enhanced" images in the table before I gave it to him.

Hi Shiva,

Its a great game, really happy to see and play it again. Although rom games are great, every now and then some nice originals are still made too. For one such example look up Scarface, it's pretty incredible

Rob

hey Rip, no, I'm just here to let everyone else do the work and I get credit for it.  :)

Rascal, did you get the new images and use them in this? haven't been able to download , but makes a hell of a difference. I'm going to have a look and see if anything else survived and do up a pack before I lose it for eternity, so is it possible to send you a pack that you can add to your download page? Not sure if the software can do that, maybe the site owner here, a Mr M.F. Mouse can tell us.  ;)

No I didn't get the high res images. Please let me know where to get them and I will update this release.

I thought I put them in there before I gave it to you?

I thought I put them in there before I gave it to you?

You didn't give me a table Itchy, I downloaded the table from a link in Fren's favorites thread. This is built off of shiva's original night table. For these HV tables it's better to work from a desktop view, because basically it is a desktop view only rotated.

Ahh, ok, I didn't remember. I must be slipping. ;)

I'm assuming HV is a manipulation of the x/y. And for all you lurkers you can use this with the original files, but you won't have a backglass. :P

Trigontest fs.zip

Itch,

You should start up a WIP thread instead of posting in the HV release thread.

I did, I'm lost. ;)

You posted a FS WIP of Trigon here.  Thought it would be better in a WIP thread instead of the release thread of the HV version on Trigon.

There is now a High Res version to download too. Thanks shiva.

Is se3 still available somewhere.

I have about 6 originals I'm working on and would be nice to use it

The se3 file is here http://www.shiva.pinballnirvana.com/shivaEngine/se3_template.zip

My tables here got messed up, and it appears can't get into ftp anyway, but the links are wrong. I guess a server move or something.

http://www.shiva.pinballnirvana.com/

If you REMOVE this from the URL

pinball/

all the downloads will work then. Including all the now unlocked files I uploaded years ago, and the vp8 version of Playboy is in there as well. JPH will have to fix it I guess

so

should be

Okay? If people want to point this out on the other forum that is fine.

maybe a quick list of the 4 se versions is in order.

Se1 is included with every full version install of VP. It's called tutorial in your tables. Randy forgot to include the help files and docs, so this is the full version. This is perfect for beginners, but it's also been out of date for 10 years now.

se2 is the Trigon engine. It also is used in Rapid Vienna, and it's beyond complex. I can't even understand it myself how it works, and I wrote the damn thing.

se3 is a in between version. It uses preset code snippets, and hooks within the main script so a lot of the coding was done for you. The idea was people could write just the scoring logic for a object as a vps file, release it, and others could use it just by coping a couple lines in the hook subroutines and have a fully working scripted table in under half a hour. Of course no one else bothered, by then VPM had everyone by the balls, but I always thought my Bally stuff was more stable than the roms, and it actually worked quite nicely. The se3 games for vp used se3, playboy, power play and kiss.

se4 was beta. The idea was to take all the features from the first 3, and then build a menu system that a player can call up and change the scoring and behavior by changing a couple jump box options based on preset scoring in the script. Pretty much be able to change anything, from bonus amounts to what a target bank will score. Couldn't get this really started, but the base is there and if it was possible and easy to use, you would have ended up with 100 new tables a month released. pretty much the pinball construction set for VP was the idea.

people are welcome to dip in there, and develop it as they see fit.

hmmm the hv is there sooner than the FS :(

Thanks shiva. Been looking for this since I started on all these originals.

Looking forward to adapting it to use the new ultradmd program

It was pointed out by shiva that the HV high res version had corrupt images, it is now fixed. Thanks shiva!

40+ downloads and nobody let me know it was corrupted. What's up with that?

It was pointed out by shiva that the HV high res version had corrupt images, it is now fixed. Thanks shiva!

40+ downloads and nobody let me know it was corrupted. What's up with that?

heh, pretty funny really, no one bothered to mention it. No worries, it's not a VPM game, so not important.  :)

still, nice job though. Thanks, despite the fact it was done in VP5, it's nice to see it look better. I can't, as I have a ATI card, and VP has turned to Nvidia. Whats up with that one?  ;)