Pinmame Errors When Running Stern Sam Tables!

Hi!

I don't why, but for some reason It seems I can only play POTC, Iron Man, Playboy and Austin Powers from the new SAM tables.

When I try to launch Tron, Spiderman, X-Men and Avatar I get all sorts of Active X and Pinmame could not be found errors. And after that the table script opens up and indicates a text in red

which you can see on the file I attached here. I've basicly tried everything, but I just can't see why I can play SOME of the SAM tables and not all of them!. It's not a rom issue, because when I

test the roms in the pinmame setup program they work perfectly fine!.

Here's what I've done so far to make all the tables work:.

1.Have put the SAM.vbs script in my tables folder AND in my script folder (just in case)

2.Have installed the latest Visual Pinball build which is 9.2.1

3.Have replaced my older Vpinmame version with the 1.3 version found on this site.

4.Have clicked on "setup" in my Visual Pinball folder and made sure the roms work by testing them. Also, they are all renamed correctly (obviously).

5.I used the latest "VPinballv921.exe" which is hosted on this site.

All my other tables work perfectly fine except that handful of Stern SAM tables mentioned before.

All that said, if anybody out there have the slightest idea why some tables work and some don't, don't hesitate to help me out!. I need help badly as I've tried to get the other SAM tables 

to work for days now without luck. Help! Help! Help! lol!

post-4285-0-08816000-1397507934_thumb.jpg

post-4285-0-58031700-1397507936_thumb.jpg

B2S? Has to do with bakdrops, right? Anyway, does this mean it's not possible to load up and play these tables? How did everybody else, including you, get these tables to work? What's your setup like? Perhaps you could post a screenshot or a step-by-step guide how you made them work? Thanks in advance!

I see that the issue relies in the script, it's got something to do with the "Controller" for VPinmame from what I can tell. That said, is there anything I can do in the script perhaps to make the tables load up? As a side note, I'm trying to get these tables to work on a single monitor. 

One more thing though, I'm basicly having the same issue with the X-Men table. And I did find the Pinmame controller thingy in the script, but not sure what to add/delete here though. Look at my screen shot and let me know what to do. My rom is right, I surely only need to do something similar in the script for X-Men...am I right? Thanks again!! 

post-4285-0-43622800-1397577173_thumb.jpg

• Content Provider

One more thing though, I'm basicly having the same issue with the X-Men table. And I did find the Pinmame controller thingy in the script, but not sure what to add/delete here though. Look at my screen shot and let me know what to do. My rom is right, I surely only need to do something similar in the script for X-Men...am I right? Thanks again!! 

You want to do the same thing with the Set Controller =, only in this case it is already there. The ' character comments out a line (line turns green when commented out), so remove the ' from the one line and add a ' to the other line. Commenting out a line mean the program will jump past that line.

• Content Provider

On line 10 delete the " ' ".  On line 11 add a  " ' " to the front of the line.  This will comment out the B2S and run the VPinMAME.Controller

Basically what Rascal said but wanted to make sure you got it working.

It looks like you have a plunger based on that error.    Replace these two functions to get it to work correctly:

Sub PBWPlunger_Timer()
    If Plunger.MotionDevice> 0 and PTime.Enabled=0 and PTime2.Enabled=0 Then
        'If Plunger.Position>24 then exit sub
        Plungers(POldPos).alpha = 0:Plungers(POldPos).alpha = 0
        PNewPos = Plunger.Position \ 2
        Plungers(PNewPos).alpha = 1:Plungers(PNewPos).alpha = 1 'change to the width of the ramps
        PRefresh.State = ABS(PRefresh.state -1)
        POldPos = PNewPos
    End If
End Sub

and.. (There is acutely only one line that needs to be changed, see the <--- comment)

Sub PTime2_Timer                                                       'release timer
    Plungers(POldPos).alpha = 0:Plungers(POldPos).alpha = 0
    Plungers(PNewPos).alpha = 1:Plungers(PNewPos).alpha = 1 'change to the width of the ramps
    POldPos = PNewPos
    PNewPos = PNewPos + 1
    If PNewPos> 2 Then
        Me.Enabled = 0
        Plungers(2).alpha = 0:Plungers(2).alpha = 0
        Plungers(0).alpha = 1:Plungers(0).alpha = 1 'change to the width of the ramps
        POldPos = 0  ' <--- update POldPos to reflect the current position of the plunger.
    End If
End Sub

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Content Provider

where did you find the SAM.vbs ? also where can I get vpinmame.dll  I've searched this site 10 times over and could not find them

Let me help you,

1. Open browser

2. Type in www.vpuniverse.com

3. Click on "Download" link

4. Click on "Pinmame"

I will do a write up on how to find tables next ;)

Archived