Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
85vett

Spiderman Fs (Stern) (2007) (85Vett)

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=2743

File Name: Spiderman FS (Stern) (2007) (85vett)

File Submitter: 85vett

File Submitted: 03 Apr 2014

File Category: Recreations

Link to B2S: b2s_tag.png

Permission to Mod: Contact Author First.

ROM Name: sman_260

VP Version: v9.9.0 - DX9

While cleaning up some files I came across this table that I had started and figured it would be a good idea to go ahead and finish it up. This started off as JP's version of which I went through and redid most of the images to match the Stern table, ROM control was added, the FP models were added, redid the overall look of the table to resemble the Stern version and adjusted the physics settings.

I'd like to thank JP for allowing me to mod his table and Randr for helping me get the models right.

I've done this in two version. One is higher res for larger cabs and a lower res version for smaller cabs or weaker PC's.

The rom should be named sman_260. ***remember that the ROMS are not housed here. They must be obtained via the Stern website***

*** This table was built on the Direct X9 VP version. If you haven't tried this version you should as I think it plays better due to some flipper adjustments that were made. It should play fine on the new VP 9.2.1 build but I have not tested it on this version.***

Hope you enjoy

***physmod5 version added

Click here to download this file

• Upvote 8

Can't wait to get home from cap 2 to play this, thanks 85vett! It looks fantastic and spider an is one of sterns best pins

Thank you so much 85Vett. I'm a big Spiderman fan and now the table, fantastic.

I got an error if i want to start the table.

sman260a.bin The rom set was not found.

PLease help me.

I use the S-Mgerman-french and the S-Menglish, renamed in sman260, bin name sman260.

Thanks 85vett :D

Coolball,i think the french rom must be named sman260a.zip then, check and test the rom from setup.exe, test

• Upvote 1

Arngrim - I made the rom public on the LedWiz Config Tool.  Can you guys make sure we have a good config built for it?

Thanks!

thank you, oh ye' mighty one!  :D

Thank you for help arngrim. The germanfrench.zip is only v2.1 and the english v2.6.

Now it works.

Dazz, i prefer that you let me publicize the config because i think the gear is powering too long, i will check that asap

WOW the king is back :)

I was just thinking about this table...

Thanks so much 85vett

I wouldn't call him "back"... This is more like a last hurra!  

Vette is getting burned out because of people PM'ing and asking for tables or asking him to build specific tables for them.  This is the reason why everyone must read the site rules before posting here.  Seriously, why do people not pay attention to these types of rules?

• Upvote 1

The table plays fantastic. Over 100 Millions in my first game, Oh yes the table makes a lot of fun.

With VP921 I get some ball stutter when the lamps are flashing. With DX9_v9 the table speed is perfect but had flickers on the ramp.

Thank you for this new Masterpiece 85vett.

voila, DOF config is optimized, and table video is submitted

Fantastic Vette!  Love all of your Stern recreations - can't wait to try this one out.  Really sad to hear that you have to deal with all of the PMs and requests.  I can't believe that people would actually have the nerve to bug anyone for a table - heck I feel bad even mentioning ones I'd like to see in threads specifically meant for that sort of thing.  Seeing how much work and dedication goes into making these I'm truly surprised that so many great versions are even available.

I wouldn't call him "back"... This is more like a last hurra!  

Vette is getting burned out because of people PM'ing and asking for tables or asking him to build specific tables for them.  This is the reason why everyone must read the site rules before posting here.  Seriously, why do people not pay attention to these types of rules?

One can hope :) He does great work. He absolutely could have left this table alone and not released it, but he did even after everything, so if he truly is done, he's provided hours and hours of great gameplay.

Dazz is more correct. 

There's several reasons why I've made the decision to back off a bit.  Dazz and I talked about it during the Texas Pinball Festival and he hit on one of the reasons as it started to feel more like a job then anything as my PM became an order box real quick.  Those that truly know me the best (outside the forums) know that all I strive to do is be part of making others happy and bring a bit of joy into this stressful world we live in today and that joy was starting to fade as things turned from happiness to see something to disappointment for not giving someone ______.  Nothing made me happier than going through and reading the feedback about my tables.  The good comments were always great but I also liked the not so good ones as I was able to learn from the constructive ones which ultimately made things better. 

I'll never truly be done as I just can't help playing with tables and building things as my interest spikes. 

Anyways, this is more dirty laundry at this point.  I felt I should respond to help clear the air a bit but to also try and make sure this stays more about Spiderman than my reasons for backing off on building.

• Upvote 9

Well, just wanted to say thanks. This is one of my favorite hobbys, and you have been a big part of that. I've played all your tables,

and can see improvements with every release. Spiderman plays Awesome!!

I don't get it.

I renamed the zip to sman_260.zip, the bin to sman260a.bin. When I test the rom with vpinmame it is running fine I se the DMD with spiderman ver 2.6.

However when I launch the table I get the "machine terminated verify rom file or rom path".

What an I missing. (using vp 9.2)

thanks fo the help.

Use the right rom.

The english rom in version 2.6

rename the Zip File to sman_260.zip and the File SPD_V2-6_E.BIN to sman_260.BIN.

Works fine for me.

85vett,

I just saw this release post now.  Can't wait to try it out tonight.

Personal thanks for the table building tips you have provided

Awesome work 85vett Thank You!!!!!  Excelent job as always!

So you just had this laying around huh?    Wow, can I come over and rumage around in your hard drive? Lol!

Awesome! Great thing to wake up to on a quite Saturday morning!