Led Wiz?

Thanks Arngrim.......

Its funny.....I feel like I know so much, but then something knocks me down to feeling like a newbie again!!

Thats one thing that might be useful.....We have all these tutorials all over the place but I don't know if there is a good one for what goes into a cabinet and how it's used. Also a guide about what is possibly a minimum computer and what would be idea. 

The minimum computer has changed significantly due to the DX9 beta slashing VP's requirements.    For the time being even low-to-middle of the road stuff should be good.   Hell, I can run the whole thing off of my system's Intel onboard video now and it's totally fine. 

That said, if you look at the Unit3D pinball stuff and even a powerful machine can have trouble running that at full quality.    It's really up to you how much you want to spend vs. how future proof you want to be.     If anything I'd just say make sure to get a solid video card with 2gb of memory (NVidia seems to be the favorite).   In Unit3d's case you may need to have both - or possibly all three - monitors on the same card so you can span it.  

Rob......

I guess I just meant kind of an overall guide..... I have a pretty kick ass computer built... but I keep seeing posts here and there for what should I build.....Just a rough guideline would help people.....

Im running:

3.4 Intel i7 

16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence RAM

Nvidia GTX 560 ti 448 core for my back glass and DMD

Nvidia GTX 660 ti (2GB version) running my playfield

120GB Kingston SSD 

800 Watt Power Supply

Ive always tried to prepare for the future when I build stuff like this.....I had no guideline though from anyone....I just figured I would put together the best computer I could.

Scuba: that's a fine pc. For some people, they find running the playfield/backglass on the same monitor has advantages (I dunno, more in sync). For u3d pinball and other future pinball simulators, its hard to tell what you will need because one is not optimized yet and others are not out, but your current specs are not bad at all. The OS used is also an issue, though less so now with VP with the new dx9 support.

The thing is there are lots of variables and although you could say "i7 quad with 3.9 ghz and an nvidia 780 GPU" would be ok, it would be totally ok for others to state "can we say overkill???".

So is there a wiring diagram that comes with this that shows how I need to hook this up and all of the contactors?? Also what is a good example of the contacts used? (Model number?) Any help is appreciated!! Thanks again all. I really appreciate how much everyone on this site helps. Not to be mean to the other site, but I find my questions get answered quicker and kinder on this site. 

-Michael

• Content Provider

Here is the best config available

azena4e6.jpg

On my cab i have 10 siemens 1rt1016 1bb41 24 volts, if you can find 12 volts models they are easier to drive.

They should exist cheaper contactors with similar effects by the way, but almost everybody use these ones

• Content Provider

I use zebboards so basically zebboard is plugged into the ledwiz and toys are plugged into the zebboard, that is the easiest way, check for his virtual output kit, but they are setup for 8 contactors, you need to free two outputs, and put diodes on contactors in between if the outputs are not foresern for

Archived