Call To Anyone With Vp Coding Experience

oooPLAYER1ooo

• Content Provider

I have created a new group for coders

the idea is to get coders together to bash heads and optimize different vp coding methods or just talk about coding in general.

maybe in the future it could be a place for any table author who isnt good at coding meet a coder for there table who isnt great at building them.

it is open join up, so anyone can join.

its prety much just a blank group at the moment but i'm going to prety it up soon.

Coders Group

• Content Provider

You know what I think would be a good idea for this also.

It would be nice to have a starter table for authors.

In the table we could have some prebuilt onjects. Like bumpers and target etc

And have them precoded.

Also have snippets of code for typical objects including the vpm calls

Stuff like plungers, leaf switch targets, slings, nudge routines, trough class, fading light routine, etc

This should make it very easy for a new author to build and at least begin to code a table

• Content Provider

I have them in 4 flavors. 4 Player SS, 4 Player EM, 2Player EM, 1Player no bonus routine (for early em's).  I should go over the coding and optimise it a bit more, but the plunger and other objects could be better.

• Content Provider

Template tables are nice for some people, but I also think that tiny demo (single example) tables help. Like a table that just shows how to build and animate a bumper, plunger, ball going down a hole, etc...

A demo would simply show one example and the comments in the script should say where there is a collection needed and what the collections name is, is a timer used and what are the setting and name of the timer, etc...

I mean to look at a bumper for instance; people don't realize that there is a complex combination of vp items (images, sounds, lights, timers, walls, and/or collections) that make up the whole thing. Putting all these items into a template table is not going to teach anybody how they work or how they were designed. I hope I'm making sense here.

agreed I use Itchigos Templates and as much as I love the pop bumpers that are in it

I still have no clue as to how they work... that is how each bumper ring actually moves up and down

same goes for the plunger animation routine

I use it but have no clue to how it works or how many pieces it is made of

so a break down of these toys and how they work would be a nice addition

• Content Provider

Let me be clearer on this. I use demo tables to learn something specific I want to use. The template is an all in one thing with a lot of things in it people may want. Everything is separated as much as possible to show how it works. Or, if you just have a basic knowledge you can add to it what you like and only have to worry about what you add.

true I use demo tables for one thing that a template may not have in it

such as a gobble hole or fading lights

but to drop all that into one demo table would be a huge file and may actually confuse newbies

as to what goes where or what exactly may be needed to get that one thing to work

Archived