B2S Help

Itchigo

• Content Provider

Sorry, but I couldn't find a way to start a new thread within the group. I just changed video cards, I went through hell getting it to play nice. Now, all resolutions are where they were before, and everything is working... almost. When I fire up a B2s game I get the backglass on the playfield, or not at all. These were previously working games. The only thing that has changed is the resolution, and that has been restored to it's former settings, after installing the drivers. So the settings (screenres.txt) is stil correct. What now?

• Content Provider

Eeeeeew. Thanks Dazz, but my screenres.txt hasn't changed and my monitors are set to the same resolution as before. i checked and I know they match. And, I am extending the screens BEFORE I play.

1920               (Playfield)

1280               (Backglass)

• Content Provider

I had played with this a before I posted. But changing line 5 numbers doesn't seem to do anything. Here's what I have:

"1280"," Screen2ResX"

"1024"," Screen2ResY"

"0"," Screen2PosX"

"0"," Screen2PosY"

"\\.\DISPLAY2"," displayname"               I've gone up to 6 on this line.

"------------------------------------------------"

"\\.\DISPLAY1"," First screen"

"\\.\DISPLAY2"," Second screen"

"------------------------------------------------"

"\\.\DISPLAY2"," Selected screen"

0," Working Area Top"

1036," Working Area Bottom"

0," Working Area Left"

1920," Working Area Right"

• Content Provider

Ok, I give up. I tried all 7 numbers on that line and nothing is different. Just to be sure, I'm changing numbers on the b2s log.txt, right, and NOT the screenres.text? On the fifth line as Blur said, just try different numbers. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get it.

Isn't line 5 the number OF monitors? Not monitor number?

2 ***********

Line 5 is the number of the monitor you would like your b2s to appear on. This number needs to match the monitor number assigned by Windows. To check this in XP, right click on the desktop then go to properties.

After you change GFX card, or plung/unplug monitors, Windows sometimes reassigns these numbers which can cock things up a bit.

Archived