Texas Pinball Festival 2014

• 3 weeks later...

This was my first TPF, and it certainly won't be my last. Had a really awesome time and managed to throw my initials up on a few games.

We're on the road home, now. It'll be just under 4 hours 'till we make it back to Lufkin. Absolutely worth the trip.

Personally, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Mustang. It's certainly nothing groundbreaking and the code is still being fleshed out, but it was fast and enjoyable. It felt like a throwback to a Williams game like High Speed, but with a few modern Stern twists.

I had a blast on the wedgehead row. Geez!

Predator, for me, had it's good points and bad. It felt nice and tight, and there were some interesting shots. I keep coming back to the art as being the weak link in the Predator chain, though. The cab looks good, but the playfield and plastic art, to me, seems really amateurish. I'm also not totally sold on the whole black light thing. Just seems a bit tacked on. The dmd work on it was the star of the show.

Funny you mention that. Yeah I did, LOVE it, but I think I will love the trade I am doing this Sunday: Star Trek pro with shaker plus cash coming my way includes delivery. I think we will both be happy but I know I will eventually miss it to the point it will return in my collection... Once I pay off some shit :)

I just think Star Trek ends up being a better game but that should not read as avengers being a poor game.

Archived