Absolute Favorite Vp/fp Of All Time?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Here's where I left off...

Here is where the main image came from. But you should contact Shiva and ask permission to even touch his table. He was always very touchy about permission.

Trigon_0002.jpg

I'm up to just a hair under 300 VP tables loaded up on the cab, all with B2S (thanks to Wildman's amazing work for the majority of the B2S I use).  Like most, I have a hard time narrowing the field, but the 4 I find myself playing the most (at least one of the 4 every day I am home):

MM, STTNG, AFM (finally got ruler of the universe and set a new personal best high score of over 65 billion this weekend w00t!), and Scared Stiff.  All four are personal RL favorites of mine, and the authors of the VP versions did such an amazing job of capturing the look and feel.  If someone put a gun to my head and forced me to pick just one VP table I guess it would be JP's AFM, that table is just so much fun and looks so realistic.

• Content Provider

No problem Rascal. I had heard the same thing from Bob too that he would go apeshit if he ever saw something.

Not that it makes it ok or not, but all that's going on is adding backglass calls to the script. The table is unmodified. Anyone can rotate it on their own. Potentially you should be able to download the table from anywhere, and just replace the .vps files without even putting up the table.

SC, I'm not a fan of the textboxes on there. You definitely need a big TRIGON somewhere in red like on the desktop. The only other thing that comes to mind- too yellow-bright. If you darken it in the editor it may look better, I'm not sure. My first impression is the flashing lights wouldn't show as well with a yellow background.

• Content Provider

Edit: Got a message back from Shiva:

hello

Sorry I didn't see this before, I no longer have the pm system send me notifications, but signed in to say hello to my old friends.

I have no problem with the backglass at all, to be honest, I hate looking at the game now because of the graphics among other things. It was a very old version of VP, image size was very restricted back then, in fact, I believe VP only just got in jpg support.

hard to believe it's 10 years old, sure looks like it though. I'm not sure if I even have the masters still for that version, but I will have a look and maybe save some one time. Hard for me to believe that people even remember this game now

if you send me a email, i will have a look and see what I have.

Holy flurking schnidt!!!

• Content Provider

Got some more clean up to do on the right, but what about this?

By clean up I mean remove the boxes. I think you would want to leave the ones on the left?

That cleaned up really nice. :)

EDIT: Sorry for the off topic, but how about this?

1398198246.png

Lit.

1398201322.png

• Content Provider

This is the last time I'll hijack the thread. I have changed my mind on the backglass, but I do appreciate Rascal's work. I just got a hold of the original prototype, and I'll post it in another thread. ;)

• Content Provider

To continue to hijack this thread,  Love what you did Rascal, the flames go great with it! 

Here is what I have done so far, I'm going to stop unless you want to use it as your base for what you are doing.

attachicon.gifTrigon_0004.png

Nah, keep going, I have the image layered for the most part, so I could slip that in if we want. Jump to Itchy's wip thread now and leave this thread get back on course.

Sorry, Fren, we bad.

sorry to hijack a thread that's already been hijacked :D , but since you're active on the thread I just wanted to give a big thanks to Itchigo for your work on the great classic EM tables.  As a child of the late 70's/early 80's I cut my teeth on the "classic" SS tables of that era, but it has been really cool to discover some of the older EM tables my dad used to wax nostalgic about.  While they haven't displaced my current favorties, I do find myself playing a lot more EM tables lately, thanks in no small part to the excellent reproductions by you and Rosve (and others for sure). 

Ok, going to get out of the way of the Trigon BG discussion now, carry on.

• 1 month later...

I installed FP just to play your Jungle Lord. I love the new physics. I have been waiting for years and trying for a long time to convert the desktop one. thanks you this table my remain a favorite for a very long time. I have been telling others to come here and get it. Still trying to master the magna save on it. I never lost my Jungle Lord addiction from a very long time ago,what a challenging pin trying to spell LORD. I got to play it at the pinexpo in chicago couple years back finally again. and now finally again i can play it thanks again.

• 1 month later...

One that has remained my favorite table and one that I keep going back to is a VP8 table "Elvira and the Party Monsters" made by Highrise and JPSalas.  It's not the newest version of Elvira that JP has had a hand in either, but this one was made the best IMO.  The tinted orange animated backglass is alot cooler than the "orangeless-tinted" backglass made in JP's newest version.  Also, the cool 2nd plunger effect at the bottom right is really cool as well.  The plastics all seem very real and "plasticy".  Native ball speeds and "feel" seem really good to me as well.  Here it is..http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1920

• 2 months later...

I'm in , Definitely my fav of all time has to be Gridiron (Gottlieb 1978) by Pinuck (FS B2S) 1.0, this game brings
back so many memories, this game has it all. The perfect tournament table. In VP 9.9 the ball is a little floaty, I
don't think the author is around anymore, but it needs a physmod update.  

VP version Download Here _ http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=8234

for those that like bells & whistles there is the earlier 1 player version by Popotte & SLAMT1LT for FP.

FP version Download Here _ http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-1364-pro_football_ultra

But my fav ATM has to be : Big Buck Hunter Pro _ Stern 2009 ( Physmod 5 ) by 85vett

I could write a full page article on how good this game is, basically its Hard/Fast/Funny and just lots of fun to play.

Real Pin Notable Features : Cabinet advertised as 55 inches long, 27 inches wide, and 75 1/2 inches high; 250 lbs

Thats a big ass machine

Download Here : http://vpuniverse.com/index.php/index.html/_/articles/vparticles/big-buck-hunter-pro-r63

EDIT (NOV 17) :  Best Table ever created  :  World Poker Tour (Stern 2006) by freneticamnesic  , This game is Digital Pin Bliss download here : http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3069-world-poker-tour-stern-2006/

Archived