Absolute Favorite Vp/fp Of All Time?

• Content Provider

A little idea, I'd love to see what everyones absolute favorite virtual table is of all time. Original, recreation, mod, VP, FP, doesn't matter, we don't discriminate here!

Provide a link to the download if available. And I know there's variations and different authors for some tables, so I'd like it narrowed down. It doesn't have to be the best specimen, or the newest, or the prettiest, or the most accurate, but whatever your reason is, I'd love to hear that as well.

I'll get it started, with a little bit of a story. My favorite (real) table was Gottlieb's Fast Draw - my dad bought one and we had it in our garage when I was a kid. It is an old EM game with a cowboy western theme. For some reason, we got rid of it - I suspect it was our lack of knowledge in pinball repair, but I don't ever remember it being broken. For some reason, one day I was looking it up online and came across something, a website or, I don't know, but it lead me to virtual pinball and so it was the first game I downloaded. It was jpsalas' Fast Draw (I think it was this one http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=2670 ) and I was impressed. That lead me to more tables and eventually I realized how flawed it was. Not that that's a bad thing, it is great to play, but it uses a ROM for Amazon Hunt and the scoring is completely incorrect. Then I came upon the Future Pinball version by Popotte and that introduced me to Future Pinball - knowing what I know now, the FP version scores more accurately and looks real good, so it was my favorite for a while.

Probably my current favorite is Black Hole (the FS mod) here http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6543

I just like the way that table plays, so across all platforms it's my favorite. I'd like to do an update (the table is now 11 years old) to that sometime and give it more ambience....and better graphics

So let's hear it

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of great tables out there. The VP devs and authors are doing great things, all over my head and I don't want to learn anything new anymore. This is not my favorite table, not even my favorite table made by me, but I played my Mars Attacks FS DB2S table the other night after trying out some new tables and I swear to me, it was more fun, I love the sounds, it has freaking animated flaming fire on it and plays so smooth.... What's that? You never tried it? WTF, Go get it. No wonder I quit making tables....

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7475

• Content Provider

For me it was Freefall, the Stern table of the early 80's. I was on a school trip in Berlin and played, for the very first time, a pin with multiball and wire ramps (though it is only one ramp :-)). I was overwhelmed but after that week I never saw this pin again. After about 20 years away from real pinball, in 2012 I stumbled into IPDB.ORG cause of this table as I was searching the internet for it just for fun. And maybe you know the rest: dB2S, backglass server and designer, and a few tables later I'm telling this story here ;).

I know "Freefall" isn't an all time favourite but the second time that I was overwhelmed cause of this table was the moment JP released his fullscreen version of "Freefall" in 2013 :) : http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7254

Great idea for a thread BTW.

• Content Provider

Post them like this

Hey look here a link to our supposed enemy : http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7475

:P

As for the thread I think its too hard to name just one there is so many to name

I mean if you didn't want us linking to [site reference removed], you would just put up [site reference removed] anytime someone links to [site reference removed]

Because no one should be able to know, that if you need another resource for things, you can find them on [site reference removed]!!!

That being said, South Park was one of the first FS games I downloaded!

• Content Provider

Yea I know...I couldn't narrow it down. There's different reasons for the ones I like. If you ask me what my favorite pinball game is, it's a different answer every time. But Black Hole is the one that keeps me trying over and over again, then Tron, then....it's like, which one has you hitting "start" the most? You play a game and you're still not satisfied, so you play again, and again. I suppose it can change on any given day.

Perhaps a different question, that could hopefully spark some debate as well, would be "what table do you use when you're showing off?" :)

I've never played Apollo 13 irl but the recent vp release is awesome. The music and sound are incredibly intense. Combined with the blast off lights that continues through games until 13 ball multi ball is achieved and I find my heart is pumping. I get so psyched when Houston radios in "13 ball multi ball ready". It's a crazy table and it plays well in my cab.

sent from my phone

• Content Provider

I mean if you didn't want us linking to [site reference removed], you would just put up [site reference removed] anytime someone links to [site reference removed]

Because no one should be able to know, that if you need another resource for things, you can find them on [site reference removed]!!!

That being said, South Park was one of the first FS games I downloaded!

I love it!! All those [site reference removed] and the next post is probably "google is your friend". Lmao!!

In past year it's been AFM, MB, BOP, HH, BR, BR (Banzai Run and Black Rose) - Uggghh, the list won't end

In the past month, I've been The Shadow

In the past week, it's been Tron.

I agree with most people's comments, of you can't just pick one - because in a while, I'll move onto loving a different table.

Herweh, does your FreeFall have speech?  I really liked Freefall, but didn't relize 'til about a month ago, that something was missing in my sounds after watching a youtube vid of the gameplay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VamAFh3EXZY  I gotta go back to this game and see what's wrong with mine - maybe disabled in the script or my rom might be messed up.

I got two and they're both vp8's!

One is Trigon made by Shiva

http://www.speedyshare.com/BsmAx/Trigon-day.zip

the other is Rapid Vienna a soccer themed pin

http://www.speedyshare.com/Y4FQb/Rapid-Vienna-Kick-n-Roll-DVO3.1.zip

although there are tons of others I play it seems these two I always come back to

no sites have these two from what I can tell or none of my four sites I frequent do anyways

post-41-0-63958300-1391918234_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-95855300-1391918239_thumb.jpg

Elvira and the Party Monsters!  This was the one real steel table I actually played a lot. Finding it in VP is what got this hole thing started for me. I liked this table so much that I took a tape recorder to the game room and recorded a bunch of the sounds and made wav files out of them for my desktop theme. "Thank you Boyz"

On the flip side my least favorite table would probably be  The X Files.  I have played both real steel and VP /FP and I still do not understand this table.  They all look really cool though.

• 2 months later...

Hello people. If I had to choose one it would have to be Terminator 2... Love the Chrome Edition MOD. Why..? I think it has a sentimental (as do most pins) thing to do with the wife. It was in a arcade named Mirage and this is where her and I got "glued" and I still love'em both. I love lot's of them though, been stuck on Line Drive (Williams) (1972) the past week.

Archived