Building A Mame Cabinet.....help, Opinions?

ScubaMichael

So I am going to use other computer parts to start to build a MAME Arcade cabinet. 

Is anyone in here experienced at getting all the programs? If so, where is a good place to start? What should I know? IDEAS???

I plan to use a cabinet I already have a JAMMA board in and convert it. 

So far I have:

Intel motherboard

i7 processor

16GB RAM

1GB Video card

240 GB SSD

650 GB Serial ATA drive

Thanks,

Michael

• Administrators

They can be rather difficult to deal with if some rules are not followed. I've seen them abuse unsuspecting users before.

A better solution might be to visit the internet archive and search MAME there

https://archive.org/details/MAME_0.151_ROMs

If you actually take time and read their directions it's quite simple. The trick to not getting shitlisted is stated on their directions.  Download the ROM sets that say "FREE".  These torrents do not count against your ratio for downloading, but they do help your ratio if you seed/share them.  Use these to build up your ratio credit and then download sets that are not free and seed/share them to help build your ratio back up.

Some just want a complete romset and then to be done with it without any kind of hassle. The IA is a great resource for that without worrying about probations, paying back bandwidth, etc.etc.etc.

For the relaxed user it's a great resource if you don't mind extracting everything from 1 zip.

Archived