Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ringorian

Ball Rolling Sounds Help

Hi guys, is anybody able to help me or show me how to add ball rolling sounds ? I like that a lot and some tables dont have it. Maybe some of the gurus can make a patch for one which doesnt have it and i can compare the lines which are added ?

Open a table that has rolling sounds 

1. Open the script. There is a set of script sections that you will need to copy over, look for the RollingSound, vpmCreateBall and the vpm Ball Collision sections.  

2. Export the fx_ballrolling1 and 2 sounds and import them into the table using the Table->Sound Manager

3. In the table script you are adding the sounds to, look for Drain_Hit or DestroyBall, and you will want to add a line containing ClearBallId 

4. If the table you are updating already has a Realtime_Timer routine in the script, add a line containing RollingSound.  

If not, look for a timer on the table with sounds called Realtime, copy and paste it into the new table and then add this routine

Sub Realtime_Timer
    ' update realtime variables
    RollingSound
End Sub

That is essentially it.   Look at page 23/24 of the supertutorial here for details (use Chrome, it will translate for you): http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=25665

• Upvote 1

funny how you guys keep bashing vpf yet most of the help you get seems to come from there

many guys use triggers (albeit big ones) to make ball rolling sounds throughout the pin play fields

Faralos - what do you expect?? VPF has been established for several years; whereas this site is relatively new still. Of course answers may still come from there...

Exactly Dazz.

And I use custom triggers for ball rolling.

Sub Trigger1_hit( )

Playsound "ballroll1"

End Sub

Sub Trigger1_Unhit()
Stopsound "ballroll1"

End Sub

Done- easy. ;)

Exactly Dazz.

And I use custom triggers for ball rolling.

Sub Trigger1_hit( )

Playsound "ballroll1"

End Sub

Sub Trigger1_Unhit()

Stopsound "ballroll1"

End Sub

Done- easy. ;)

Thanks, check mfuegemans, he does some more with triggers ..