Ok....f'd It Up Again

So I put in a different second video card to run my backglass and DMD...... (I had them both running off the old card that exact way, no issues.....I wanted a better second card.)

Now that I put the new card in, I can't get the back glass off of my DMD display, 

I am running the B2S back glass and no matter what I change it to on the b2s Screen Res editor it still shows up on that monitor. 

HELP!!!!! 

I had this same exact issue ScubaMichael.  From what I can tell, the issue is that even though your monitors are set up correctly and show in the control panel in the correct order as 1 (playfield), 2 (backglass), and 3 (DMD) because you're using a 2nd video card (I use one for my backglass and DMD too) the software seems to be doing something wierd with the screen numbering.

What I ended up doing to fix the issue was to set the x position of the backglass to be a negative value equal to the horizonal resolution of my 3rd screen.  This moved it back onto the second screen and I haven't had any issues since.

Hopefully this works for you too!

Edit your screenres.txt file (in your ./tables directory) to indicate the which display should be used as the backglass, its size, and its origin in pixels compared to the top left corner of your primary display. There's a settings config tool floating around that will prompt you for the values if you don't get how to set the values manually.

What has worked for me was to edit the screenres.txt file were it says what number you BG monitor is (like the 5th line I think) and start with 2 then 3 then 4 then 5 ect ect until it works. This is because windows remembers each video card you have ever installed and labels each output sequentially. So on my install my BG ender up being #7 because I had 3 outputs from on board graphics then I had a ATI card with 3 outputs. I removed the ATI and installed nVidia card and just happened to plug in the BG to the first output (DVI)on that card and the main screen used HDMI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Using the editor only allows you to select 1, 2 or 3. If you look in the screenres.txt file in your tables folder (open it with notepad) the 5th line down it will have a single digit number. That number specifies what number windows has assigned to you BG monitor. This only applies to the B2S files.

So again change that line 5 to 4 (starting with 4 because i assume you have tried 1-3)and then 5 and then 6 . Make sure to save and then run the table in question in between each change.

Actually mapping the x and y never worked for me, but others it does

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Glad that helped you ... I have just finished my 3rd format and install of all the VP and related files .... starting to be a real pro at this. Huh, I remember when I was younger I would format and reinstall my OS every couple of months.... now I cringe every time I need to do the reinstall.

• Administrators

Just partition your hard drive. Create a partition large enough for your OS and support files.  Then create another where you  keep your software, VP, HyperPin, VPM, etc.  Then if you need to change OS, just format the OS partition.

• Administrators

Ok....so I think I have everything sized properly......

However when I am in hyper pin menu mode or in games that don't have a B2S back glass, I don't have back glasses showing.

HyperPin does not use your existing B2S's for backglasses while in HyperPin menu. You need to download media packs for HyperPin that contain the Backglass images. 

Does HP support screengrabs? That's what I did for my table/backglass images with Pinball x. It's how I know if I have an updated table or not.

I have captured a couple of tabels that I wanted better images for HP ... as long as they are in .png and size close to what your monitor resolution is then you should be OK

Just used print screen when I had the keyboard plugged in but I thought about setting up a button mapped to the ipac ... hmmm .. no hotkey that I know of in HP but I am really new to all of this also.

Archived