I have started creating some new backglasses for some of the tables on my cabinet (3 monitor) that go far beyond twinkling lights. Most of these are created/animated from the original artists offerings whose talents and work I highly respect and hope they would like my animated interpretations of their still graphic work. Some will be completely new creations while most will be re-creations from the original artwork. Purists might not approve or like what I am doing, and that's ok, I feel ya. Just know what I do with their art is a huge message that what they created was awesome and I will try to do my enhancements to hold true to the original concept... just in motion.
Please note that these are all work-in-progress with some far more along than others.
These are all 1920x1080, no audio, and when finished, will be :30sec long and loop seamlessly. I will also create a new static image from the finished animations to use as a static backglass for those softwares that cannot use video assets "in-game" like Pinball FX3. For those setups, these animations are still very useable in the front end and work awesome as "attract mode visuals" while on the front end selector.
Always welcome feedback either way and cool ideas/suggestions.
Animated KISS backglass for PinballX cabinets
Here's an example for a KISS backglass I'm tinkering with as well for when I can finally find and install a 2015 Stern KISS table for my cabinet. cough cough help cough cough...
- This one is what really started my craze for animating my cabs backglasses. This piece I created from scratch from a single pic of the band and was used for marketing their 2019 show here in K.C. What's seen here now is a quick cut up to remove the other elements (dates, times, location) for the purpose of what it will look like. (the "explosion to the screen" will be gone for sure.) Timing of all the other elements will be altered. More pyros bursts... and always... more cowbell.
BALLY - Attack From Mars animated pinball backglass
Loads more to do here.
- Both UFO's will be animated. The UFO that is animated now will change as the light pattern for both will look like the lights are rotating instead of flashing as they are now.
- Aliens will have full limb articulation and motion.
- Current explosions are place keepers for now.
- More motion to come for the surrounding city/scene including a passing elevated train.
UNIVERSAL - Jurassic World animated pinball backglass
This is just a working concept at the moment.
- When completed, this will look like the Dino is "walking" with the logo rattling with each step and the camera view floating with each step as well.
- More lava and debris to come.
- This scene actually might change to be used for Jurassic Park Pinball Mayhem while I create a version more true to the night scene view from the mouth as the original artwork depicted.
- Maybe some circling Teradac... flying lizards.
UNIVERSAL - Back to the Future animated pinball backglass
BTTF is pretty much final. That could change in 2055 though.
BALLY - Champion Pub animated pinball backglass *sneak peek*
Here's a sneak peek of a work-in-progress for my Champion Pub animated backglass.
- This is one of my favs! Both the game itself and the fun time animating everything. Lots goin on in there for sure Kid!
- Final version... maybe
Willliams - Medieval Madness animated pinball backglass -very early work-in-progress
- Very early work-in-progress, maybe 20% complete.
- All fire elements are just place holders at the moment.
- All character movements are just testing purposes only... as is just about everything at this point!
- Lots of work yet to be done on the castle and characters in the scene.
- King, and Dragon will have full body/appendage articulation. (which is fun just playing around with the appendage controls!!)
- Enjoy the sneak peek, this is a fun one!