Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  • Like 1

Tales from the Crypt (Data East 1993) - Classic Animating Alternate Backglass 1.0.0

(1 review)
Sign in to follow this  

5 Screenshots

Tales from the Crypt (Data East 1993) - Classic Animating Alternate Backglass

I have never been a fan of the original backglass for the Tales from the Crypt - Data East table. Partly because the artwork was made from images / covers from the HBO TV series and not the original EC Tales from the Crypt comic book that I have collected for years. Why there is a big image of 'Whoopi Goldberg' on the right side of the backglass remains a mystery to me.

The actual table is a lot of fun to play, especially the new 'Bigus' mod version, so I decided to make a special backglass for a 2nd copy of the table in my cab so I can load up a different backglass version while still keeping the original installed.

I used mostly images from the original Jack Davis illustrated artwork with the original 'crypt keeper' holding up a copy of Tales from the Crypt that changes every 10 seconds to feature a new cover image ... (22) beautiful and creepy artwork covers in all.

I still managed to keep the TV series version of the Crypt Keeper as part of the backglass by giving him his own 'cover'.

After cleaning up all the covers, I decided they looked 'too clean' so I added a distressed / aged paper texture over the whole backglass to give it a real vintage look.

I also added an initial backglass 'turn on' when the backglass first loads. There are no other additional lighting fx or anything so the backglass won't slow down table gameplay by loading too many images at once.

As an extra added bonus - I have included 2 additional wheel images that you can use in your front end if you did like me and have 1 copy of the table with the original backglass, and one with this new 'Limited Collector's Edition' version.

This is a 2 and 3 screen version with a 'hide-able' grill for 3 screen users.

Grill / DMD area were used and modified from 'Hauntfreaks' alternate backglass made several years ago.

Enjoy!

P.S. Some day I might make a new Tales from the Crypt VPX table using the original artwork from the comics and NOT the TV series art. Something nice and spooky showcasing the amazingly detailed artwork from the original 10 cent comics.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This project took considerable time and I wanted to share it with everyone ... so "thanks" or comments in the support topic would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE DO NOT include any of these files with other downloads or projects without asking permission first.

All Logos, Copyrights and Trademarks their respective owners.

PROVIDED STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL USE AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL SALE OR DISTRIBUTION. PLEASE DO NOT RE-DISTRIBUTE.

HiRez00's Other Downloads

User Feedback