Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Metallica 1.80 LE 1.0.0

(2 reviews)

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

yes i did that after i patched the rom and the diff file and put the rom in the roms folder and .pal file to altcolor\mtl_180hc folder. i made sure that i renamed the rom to mtl_180hc to roms folder too

i had patched it like 20 times and still the same, is there something updatedmtl_180hc.zip on the color patcher? this is after patched, renamed it to that rom name and zipped up

I've tried multiple downloads of both stern rom and patch but keep getting a chime stuck on, nothing on DMD and then the rom does not run.  170hc works fine.  using vpx 3772 an sam vpinmame r4838.

What is wierd is that the chime that is on is on my ledwiz 2nd unit port 22.  I unassign it in dofconfig, update my local files from the online config and it still fires with 180hc but not 170hc

I get the same with the rom posted in message above as well..

still digging...

Really wierd... even in VPX with all my DOF preferences set to SoundFX I still get ledwiz2 port 22 firing.

If I select disable B2S checkmar, then it finally does not fire when the table runs, even though since all were set to SoundFX anyways it should have been off.

I suspect this ROM patch has an issue, especially wince 170hc does not do this and every other color rom DOF table works fine.

Nevermind for now.  When I thought 170hc was working, my online dofconfig was not correct, so I had a false positive working condition.  Need to dig into why just this one table is firing my ledwiz2 port 22.

Edited by coreduo0099

Well, re-wired my ledwiz chime to another port and via manual test still works as expected and now this table does not kick it off anylonger.  Now I'm thinking it must be a dying port on the ledwiz and somehow this table exposed it....

For patching Make sure this is the name of the bin before you zip it up

mtl180hc.bin

or this

MTL180hc.BIN

ok i repeated the steps again, i tried both names before zipped up and i still get all silver color, and my settings are correct and latest vpinmame.dll

I patch the rom by the cmd in a folder i create with the patch, the rom, and files.

worked great for me first try.  

did you try patching that way?

i give up, i tried a total of 34 times. i unchecked the crc errors and patched and named it correctly. all i get is all white andsilver color while vpinmame testing, but i have the only one that says length mismatch. length : 100663280 actual : 98546700 state : length mismatch, all of the other colored roms works fine, it'll say bad checksum and uncheck crc errors, checksum and actual match to : 0xe37bc6e2

never got this to work. Tried sooo many times!!!   grrr..... No color zip for me.... booo

Anyone willing to share ? ;)