5 From 4 reviews
205.25 MB File Size
empsback ROM Name
32assassin-Xenonph Created by
Francisco7666 Artwork by
Other - Pinball Manufacturer
1980 Year

10 Screenshots

I first would like to thank 32assassin for giving me permission to make this sound mod. I would also like to thank him for making a great table!! I also would like to thank everyone who contributed to this table including, Artwork by Francisco7666, and DOF by Arngrim!!
They put in alot of time and work on the original table, and it is appreciated!! So if you like this mod, I would encourage you to thank the original author of the table, as I have only made a few changes!
Original Table...
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11797

I also would like to thank Flupper for his great Flasher resource table!!

I would also like to thank Thalamus for telling me how to use resource tables!!

I also would like to thank Allknowing2012 and Gtxjoe for teaching me how to add timers to script!

I also would like to thank DJRobX, STAT, Gtxjoe, and nFozzy, for helping me shorten my StopSounds and PlaySounds script commands.
(They each wrote out an example, and between them all, I was able to figure it out!! BIG THANKS!!!)

I would also like to thank DJRobX for showing me example of flasher script command for flasher placement in FS mode.

I would also like to thank STAT for his NFL Script to change teams which this bumper script is based on. THANKS STAT!!

I also would like to thank Steve "Slydog43" for which these VPX mods would not be possible!!

WARNING!!! THIS TABLE HAS ALOT OF FLASHING LIGHTS, AND MAY CAUSE SEIZURES!!! PLAY AT OWN RISK!!!

v3.1
Converted all pics to WebP format to reduce overall size of table.(VPX7.2 Required)
Converted Wav files in sound manager to ogg format which reduces file size.
File size went from 116 MB's to 42.2 MB's!!!

Version 3.0
Added modified JPSalas LUT Toggled with Right Magna-Save Key.
Added modified JPSalas LUT script combined with STAT's TEAM Change script.
Now all pic changes are saved and loaded on next table run.
All bumper pics are toggled with Left Magna-Save now. 6 to choose from.
9 different FS Backdrops toggled with F Key.
Converted mp3's to ogg format, and scripted music to be played from StarWarsESB folder.
(Place StarWarsESB folder in your Music folder)
Also lowered Decibal Level on all the music by 6.4 Db's.
Added NVOffset script command, so not to interfere with other tables using same rom.

Version 2.4.1
Added Missing Load Lut script command. Now Lut is saved and loaded for next time table is played.

Version 2.4
Added JP's Lut's script.
Press and hold Left Magna-Save, then press Right Magna-Save to toggle the different Lut's.

Version 2.3
Moved plunger activated sounds to trigger in plunger lane.
Lowered GI lights height from 5 to 1 on lights around drop targets and lower bumper slings, as it looked like cutting into drop targets and pegs.
Raised drop targets from -10 to -3 so now tops are seen when in dropped position.
(I didn't want to start from scratch with 32assassins newest table, so I just adapted a few of his things to this table.)
Changed kickers from red KickerHole to metal KickerCup.
Added reflections to playfield.
Changed material and color on rubbers.
Changed pegs to metal material.
Added 9 different FS Backdrops toggled with F Key.(Similiar to Battlestar Galactica mod)
Can also use options at top of table script, to save option.
Added 5 different colors to GI Lighting toggled with 2 Key.
Can also use options at top of table script, to save option.
(Default GI Color is white. 1=Red 2=Blue 3=Green 4=Purple)
Added JPSalas GI Effect activated by drop targets, bumpers, and ball release to plunger.

Version 2.2.1
Added NFozzy's FastFlips by changing usesolenoids=19. Big thanks NFozzy!!!

Version 2.2
Added HauntFreaks FS POV settings for cabinets.
Added FS backdrop pic to cover exposed area after using HF POV settings.
Shut off variable when coin is inserted and player 1 is pressed before the 2 second timer shuts off. So now player1 start pics won't shut off early if player1 is pressed before 2 second timer shuts off on coin insert.
Shut off 2 more variables on drain hit.(Can't believe I missed this.)
Fixed Pics for FS view (For those who modified POV settings, the pics were cut in half in FS view. So now they are seen at top of table when activated, thanks to DJRobX for the example script command for placement of flashers.
Fixed DT view Darth flashing eyes so nose isn't lit up also.
Added warning about flashing lights may cause seizures while playing game.
Added 2 more pics activated by sound effects.
Added keypress of the letter "N" that shuts off Pics that are activated by sounds.
Added Keypress of the letter "M" that turns Pics on that are activated by sounds.
Added choice of 1 of 4 upper two bumpers pics selected by Left Magna-Save button (L-CTRL).
Added choice of 1 of 8 lower four bumpers pics selected by Right Magna-Save button (R-CTRL).
I learned how to add this script code to change bumper pics from STAT's example in my NFL mods.
The first 3 bumper pics when changed are same for both upper and lower bumpers. (Red,Blue and Green stormtrooper.)
The last 4 bumper pics for the lower 4 bumpers are 2 different Stormtrooper helmets with and without black border.
These last 4 stormtrooper helmet bumper cap pics, look better on FS setup as compared to DT view, and didn't look right when added to upper 2 bumpers.
(Mainly added for FS view users.)

Version 2.1
Forgot to turn off variable on drain hit, so after 3rd ball drain, the "plungerreleasefree" wasn't playing. It works correctly now.
Added 16 pics that are triggered on and off by events. Each sound effect corresponds with pic of character.

I am seeing how people react to this mod, and if they like it, I will upload it to other sites.

Version 2.0
Added 27 flashers from Fluppers resource table. Big Thanks Flupper!!
3 of them are visible above the plastics. The rest are underneath the plastics.
I figured why not add fantasy flashers, as the table is already fantasy sound mod.
(I may do this for all my sound mods!! I am addicted to flashers!! lol)
Fixed left targets below bumper. Two of them were named wrong.
(Would have never noticed this if not for adding these flashers!)
Added "plungerreleasefree" sound effect from BorgDogs Buck Rogers VPX table, so if no ball is in plunger, it plays "plungerreleasefree" sound effect, and no others.
Added "Impressive" Vader sound effect to plungerlane rollover, that is triggered only when you enter plungerlane after Darth target is down.
Removed background music sound effect "0ESB13.mp3", as it didn't fit table.
Added triangles to front of bottom inlane wire guides, as you could get ball to balance on it. Now you can't.
Missed a few rubbers that were set to hit height of 35. Changed them to 27.
Adjusted Y-Offset for DT view, and X-Offset for Cabinet view, to cover opening at bottom of apron.
1 of 3 colors illuminates plunger lane with plunger release.
Added Vader eyes flashing for DT view. This flasher is tied to all Vader targets and bumpers and the 2 Vader spinners.

Version 1.8
Added 30 more sound effects, including 4 new background music sound effects.
Changed all sound effects to be played through backglass instead of table per Vogliadicanes info.

Version 1.7
Removed DOF call from script for Bumpers 5 and 6 so they are like 32assassin had them originally.
Removed upper outside rollover lane dividers as the original table did not have them.
Added timer to start up music so there is an attract mode sequence started at table start.
Added Sub for sound effect on Ball Release to plunger.
Added "coin" sound effect to insert coin key 5.
Added StopSounds Sub to cut down size of script.
Added 10 more voice sound effects triggered by coin insert, Player1 Start, and 2 upper Kickers.
Added 1 more background music sound effect that plays during ball in play, triggered by plunger pull.

Version 1.6
Fixed right flipper advancing upper Starship Lanes lights.

Version 1.5
Fixed drop targets so they reset properly. They were mistakenly set to the wrong solenoid callback number.

Version 1.4

Lowered hit height physics from 35 to 27 on all rubbers.(Big thanks to Thalamus for this info!!)

Fixed ball from getting stuck in lower right inlane after changing from 35 to 27, by moving the right sling over to left the least amount I could.

Fixed ball getting stuck on top of upper right rollover divider that I added in v1.3, by raising it to same level as divider next to it, and then making small transparent wall to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Removed script that I added to make insert coin key 5. Added new script that BorgDog showed me that will allow for both 3 and 5 keys to work for inserting credits. (Big thanks BorgDog!!)

Removed Darth Vader breathing sound effect from 2 upper kickers, and replaced with Yoda saying "Help you I can." (Hear enough of the Darth breathing on side drains!!)

Added random voice sound effects between attract mode background music sound effects.

Version 1.3

Added lane dividers to sides of upper rollovers.(They seemed to be missing and allowed for rollover to not be hit when ball traveled through outer lanes.)
I just copied and pasted the same dividers that were already made for inner upper rollovers.

Version 1.2

I added script command so the 5 key works as insert coin. (No need to modify VPMkeys.vbs or Hankin.vbs)
If you want the insert coin key to be 3, just comment out Line 13 in table script or delete it.

I changed name of upper rollovers on right side to sw14 and sw15. The outside lane was mistakenly named sw14, instead of sw15, and inside lane was named TopRollover, instead of sw14.

I added FlipperUP and FlipperDown sounds from GIJOE table.

I added soundFX script to bottom 2 bumpers. I just copied the end of script that was on the other 4 bumpers.

I added 12 background music sound effects, 17 drain voice sound effects, 9 coin voice sound effects, and 26 other sound effects triggered by events.(All from Empire Strikes Back movie.)

The top center target plays 1 of 3 ship flyby sound effects, X-Wing, Millenium Falcon, and a Tie Fighter.

I added script command that shuts off the rom sound at table start, and turns it back on with table exit.
(If you want the original rom sounds on, download the original table. THIS IS A SOUND MOD!!)

Place contents of music folder in your music folder located where you installed Visual Pinball Program.

WARNING!!! THIS TABLE HAS ALOT OF FLASHING LIGHTS, AND MAY CAUSE SEIZURES!!! PLAY AT OWN RISK!!!
All pics, trademarks, Logos and sounds belong to their respectful owners. This table is for personal home, and non-commercial use only. This table should be used for educational purposes only..

Hope you enjoy!!

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2868
Contact Author First.
v10.7 required
No

User Feedback