About This File
Who says valentines day is just for our significant others :-)
As some of you know this will be my last release for a while so I hope everyone enjoys this table as much as my others. I guess you can consider this a temporary farewell present from building. I'll be back building some day and will still hang around the forum to offer support but I just need a break to get some things back in order and building is just eating up to much time to make everything work. Back to X-men.
I've never played this table in real life but after building it I'm hoping to some day. Really has been a blast to build and has been a pin that has surprised me with how fun it can be. That magneto magnet will get you cursing at the game real quick!
I'd like to thank Teppo for helping with the physics and adding BMPR Lite and the flipper routines. I think it plays quite well but I am a bit partial though so if you find any bugs let me know and I'll do my best to correct them. The auto launch can be a bit temperamental but I left some of the randomness in place to keep things interesting as I've noticed with a lot of Stern tables they don't always launch in the same fashion anyways.
I redrew the playfield and plastics and tried to keep them smaller in size. Their are several flasher in the table (makes for some nice light shows) but with the sizing of the images I'm thinking that most everyone should be able to play the table fine. If it turns out that a large chunk of people can't get it to play smooth I may do a low res version for those.
*** you will need to get the updated VPmame file to run ROM 1.50. - http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2480-vpinmame-25-sampindmdunity-cabinet-versions/
*** for the ROM see here - http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/828-stern-roms/
Enough talking and time to playing. Have fun.
*** Update 1-02***
* Added new character images (thanks loadedweapon)
* adjusted plunger to help prevent balls from short plunging. I played several games and didn't have any so hopefully this is fixed now
* adjusted the right loop. A wall was not lined up correctly causing the ball to bounce away from the upper flipper when coming down the loop
* adjusted location of the top right pop bumper. Found that some balls were hitting the bumper skirt which activated it when they were above the X-men figure by the ramp opening.
* added roofs to the rams. This should keep the balls in play. I got several multiballs and never ran into a ball lost situation so hopefully this is fixed now too
* tried to update the plunger image for those that have a puller vs just using the button. I couldn't use the script as provided as it messed up the push button images. Hopefully this works better now.
* made a couple other minor adjustments (updating script to 1.51 and moving a couple post walls to make for smoother travel).
- physmod version added. The physmod version has updated lighting and a handful of graphical changes.
What's New in Version 1.02 See changelog
No changelog available for this version.