About This File
Kings of Steel Bally 1984
Original Table Design: Greg Kmiec
Original Art: Doug Watson
This is my first from scratch build complete with redraws of plastics and playfield. This was built with various versions of 9.16 and 9.2. The GI ramps use additive BI, but the table should run on 9.15 as well.
The GI is a combination of alpha ramps for under the plastic lighting and the plastics were done using the dB2S designer.
I would like to thank all the great contributors to the community and in particular:
Playfield and Plastics Redraw:
TAB for his great playfield scan.
Rob046 for some excellent photo resources.
Pinuck and Rob046 for help with some fonts.
Luvthatapex for a great starter table and dip switch code.
UW for use of some of diverter code and some objects from his BP table.
Aaron James and Luvthatapex for playing some early versions and offering some great feedback.
Itchigo for suggesting the use of the dB2S designer for doing plastics lighting. Not it's intended purpose, but it does work.
Koadic for his plunger and controller code.
Herweh for the dB2S designer used for plastics lighting.
I apologize if I missed anyone.
Please report any issues to the support thread. I have DT version coming in a week or so depending any bug reports here.
I hope everyone enjoys it!
What's New in Version 1.10 See changelog
- Version 1.00
- From scratch redraw and build of Bally's Kings of Steel.
- Version 1.10
- Fixed flippers working after game.
- Fixed half ball disappearing in the top hole.
- Top flipper can no longer cradle the ball.
- Smoothed transition from in lane to flipper. It was a little rough...lol
- Minor physics tweaks.
- Added labels to drop targets.
- Animated rollovers and added sound effect.
- Reworked the bumper caps.
- Added the 6 color choice GI lighting code from my F-14 mod. I only recommend the Blue, White, and yellow, but the purple, red and green are included as well. Who am I to judge? Select color choice at the top of the script.
- Fixed minor top hole issue. If anyone thinks the hole is kicking to fast. Bring up the Dip Switch menu with F6, save and restart. This worked for me.
- Updated some metal textures and added a couple of drop walls for when GI comes on.
- Added code to start GI at the beginning of the table.
- The credit light now works.
- Removed drawing of acorn nuts. These are now done with VP objects.
- Other fixes and tweaks.
- A desktop conversion of this table with the 1.1 updates is now available as well.