9.8 MB File Size
Dozer316 Created by
Flying Dutchman, Rosve, The Internet :) Artwork by

1 Screenshot

About This File

DUAL MODE BACKGLASS

PLEASE READ.

Cirqus Voltaire - Bally 1997.

I put together this backglass specifically for a workaround to a bug I was having with the Pinball X front end.

It seemed that with both the Direct Output Framework running, Pinball X and the original Rosve .exe backglass, PinballX would cause a weird issue with

stuck flippers and flashers.

Because I want to use PinballX, the only solution was to make a directb2s backglass that could be run without the original Rosve .exe glass.

Voltaire is my favorite table and I love the light show and dynamics so this backglass has a fairly conservative (authentic) layout and a slightly more dynamic one. Choose which one you like best from the directb2s settings dialog when the table loads.

INSTALL

To use this with the current versions of B2S VP Cirqus Voltaire you need to make sure the "load backglass" line is set to false in the script i.e.

LaunchBackGlass "Cirqus_Voltaire_Night_Mod_(VP916_3.1)_FS_B2S", false 'True=Launch bg , False=Don't launch bg.

and that set controller section is then set to Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server") like any other directb2s enabled table.

If you're using HyperPin or a front end that auto loads the associated Rosve style .exe backglass based on table names ending with "B2S" then simply rename the table

making sure it doesn't end in "B2S".

If you are using the non B2S versions of Voltaire then you don't need to worry about the "LaunchBackGlass" line and simply change the controller to

Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")

Make sure you are using the latest directb2s server and set the backglass to run in .exe mode.

SPECIAL NOTES:

This backglass was a bitch to do and I've tried my hardest to get it looking reasonable. As time permits I'll try to enhance it a bit more with some other features. I wanted to use a smoothly rotating wheel but there was an issue with how to fire it so I had to revert to static images that are rotated based on an animation.. It looks ok but I want to get it smoother at some stage.

From time to time the cannon fires twice even though the solenoid that services it only seems to fire once. I'm not sure what's causing this but I'll try to nail it down at some stage and implement a fix for that as well.

Anyway, have fun in the Cirqus smile.png

User Feedback